BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Karaoke Bar


Before I go on any further, I want to make sure everyone understands how much I despise karaoke bars. A bunch of people dreaming they were stars or being seen by some famous record produce. Sure that would be nice but it never happens, or some washed up cougar filled to the limit with cocktails singing her own version of YMCA. Not the scene for me, BUT, when I was dragged into Boardwalk 11 in Los Angeles all my preconceived notions of the infamous karaoke bars were all washed down with the many beers I engulfed that night.

I drove around for about 20 minutes trying to find it. I was not aware that this place was in a strip mall. I was immediately turned off even more by the idea. But research is research, I could not turn back now. Once inside you couldn't even tell you were in a little mall. The people were nice and the food smelled great. There was tons of people inside, everyone obviously drunk to the top, but a very laid back crowd. The mix of people was outrageous, young 20 somethings to a couple that looked like they were in their late 70's. It was perfect. After a few drinks I even mustered up the courage to rap Vanilla Ice's, Ice Ice Baby!.

The food was great. There is everything from finger foods like edamame to a full steak dinner. Drinks, where do I begin. Where they really had me was with all the beers on tap. My favorite, Arrogant Bastard Ale. MMM

The Boardwalk 11 was featured as a finalist on the Maxims Greatest American Neighborhood Bar Search. Given the bartenders and waitresses, I could see why. There is a small patio outside so all you smokers and conjugate as you wait your turn to sing. Monday thru Thursday Karaoke starts at 9:30 pm to 1:30 am, Friday and Saturdays it begins at 8:00pm.

The only draw back to this place was parking. I found it easy to just park using the meters on national. Happy Hour is great, so I heard. $1.00 of every pint and let me remind you how delicious the Arrogant Bastard was. There is a 2 drink minimum or you pay a $10.00 cover. No big deal given the place was so much fun.

I will definitely go to this place again and this time I won't be kicking and screaming. Hope to see you there. Ciao

Baordwalk 11

10433 National Blvd. #5

Los Angeles, Ca 90034

310-837-5245

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a cool place to visit! I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete