BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brazilian Flavor in West LA



So I will try not to be biased on this place, but it will undoubtedly be so difficult. The first time I went out to a club in America was here. It reminded me of home. From the moment you walk through the fence, the sidewalk is lined in Copacabana's signature black and white zig zagged tiles. Small tables outside to enjoy the night. This is a family restaurant but elements of the place by far fall through the category of a local dive. Children can come in but at 10pm the dancing begins not sure if you want to keep them inside.

Dress is casual, a laid back style of a ocean groove of people. Ahh People, not only are their Brazilians here, there are Asians and Jamaicans, whites and Cubans. This is a place where South American and Caribbean people can come around pretend they are home for one night. The people are your Friends and show you what it means to come from a country where hospitality comes first.

So lets get into the food. This place serves the typical food that one would eat as a late night snack, a hangover buster if you will. Lots of flour lots of frying. Never forget the famous Feijoada, a delicious black bean stew cooked in an array of left over and dried meats. MMMMM Slide that down with an ice cold Caipirinha and you are set.

Dancing is the main thing here. Although the place is small. It reminds me of the street parties we would have in Brazil that would go on late into the night. After that go get some sandwiches and pass out on the beach all day long and do it all over again the next night. Oh to be young and in Brazil. Anyhow Wed-Thurs is Cuban Night and at 8:30 you get front row to some salsa classes that really show you how to get down or should I say get those Hips a going. Friday night is Strictly Reggae night. Several performers come in and the place is packed. Of coarse we will not forget that Friday - Sunday is Brazilian, Brazilian, Brazilian. Live costumed dancers parade around while you engulf your third round of caipirinhas. The dancing is unstoppable. The feeling you get in your veins when you hear those drummers is indescribable. I hope that you can truly make it down here. this is a place I love to go, so let me know if you will be there and I will be to. I love to see the faces of people I just met embrace my culture and bathe themselves in the glorious feelings my people and music make you feel. CIAO

Zabumba
10717 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, Ca 90031
310-841-6525

2 comments:

  1. Are there any hot women at this place? Brazilian woman are so attractive. I've been to Brazil a few times and can not belive I am ever retunred here to begin with. Brazilians are fun and exciting and oh so liberal. I ask any of my male freinds if that is not a turn on.
    -German Pilsner

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL@ The comment above! Brazilian women are definitely exciting! I have to put this on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete